Programme fees are the following (from 2024):
- 9000€/year for non-European students
- 4500€/year for Europeans
Programme fees include:
- Registration fee*
- Management fee (including laboratory expenses, supervision and running costs)
- Private Health insurance
- Access to the infrastructure of the universities (libraries, WIFI etc.)
- Assistance from the international relations department of each University on administrative matters, accomodation, bank account etc.
Programme fees are paid yearly to the coordinating university. If you drop out during the first semester, then the second semester will not be refunded.
Registration fee does not include contributions to the student unions or any other non obligatory activities.
Students who do not have a scholarship can apply for reduced participation fees. Partial waivers can be decided by the Master Management Committee (MMC). If you are applying as a self funded student and wish to be considered for a waiver, then please request this in your online application.
Living costs in Europe may be higher than in your home country. It is therefore important that you have a sufficient budget to cover your expenses while you are studying in Europe.
Please use the online application form to apply for all types of scholarships. If you wish to apply for a partial scholarship or as a self-funded student, you will be asked to provide a financial plan with your application.
Erasmus + Erasmus Mundus Grants (full grants) - Call 2024
Students who have previously obtained an EMJM scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJM.
EMJM scholarships can be offered to students from all over the world.
The scholarship will be a contribution to the costs incurred by the beneficiary students and shall cover travel, visa, installation and subsistence costs. It is calculated on the basis of a monthly unit cost for the entire period needed by the enrolled scholarship holder to complete the study programme (pro-rata of the actual number of days). This period covers study, research, placement activities, thesis preparation and defence, in line with the requirement of the joint Master. During this period, the scholarship can only be awarded in full, and to full-time students.
The scholarship amounts to 33.600EUR awarded as 24 monthly allowances of 1400EUR.
EIT RawMaterials grants (partial grants) - possibly not available for call 2024
We will know around February 2024 if EIT partial scholarships are available for the 2024 intake.
They amount to 13500EUR which means that non-EU students need to provide a financial plan (including tuition fees + 20000EUR) to complete this scholarship that is not sufficient to study two years in Europe.
Applicants must either use their own financial means ( a certain amount will be transferred to a blocked bank account administered by the University ) or find a guarantor that will take charge of all their expenses ( annex 32 to be legalized by the Belgian embassy).
Please note – It is strictly forbidden to receive two European scholarships.
ULiege grants (partial grants)
“University of Liège grants” might be awarded to EMerald Master Programme students (upon availability). These grants consist of a partial financial support that offers monthly allowances to students, but does not cover registration fees (see above):
- 24 monthly payments of EUR 1000
To apply to this partial grant you need to fill out the online application form where you will be asked whether you wish to apply for this grant. As the participation costs are not covered by the partial grant, you will be asked to provide us with a financial plan.
Other grants or loans
Look for grant opportunities in your home countries.
- Erasmus+ Master Loans
- Campus France
- GoEuro Study Abroad Scholarships
- Becas Talentia, Spain (Andalusia)
- Becas Fundacion Montemadrid
- The Danish State Educational Support (SU), Denmark
- Financial Aid for students from Finland
- EGE Foundation ( Sweden)
- Dutch Governmental Scholarship
- German Federal Training Assistance (BAföG)
- Goulandris Foundation, Greece
- Norwegian State Development Loan
- Jansons Legat scholarship (Norway)
South and Latin America
- CONICYT, Chile
- ANID (BECAS chileans) .
- Colfuturo, Colombia
- ICETEX (Colombia)
- FIDERH, Mexico
- CNPq, Brazil
- ALBAN (scholarships for Latin American students)
- PRONABEC(scholarships for Peruvian students)
- Becas (Argentina)
- Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
- Alberta Student Aid (Canada)
- Fulbright Scholar Program
- AIFS Study Abroad
- American Association of University Women (Career Development Grant)
- Marshall Scholarships (USA)
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Advance Africa
- First Rand Foundation scholarship (South Africa)
- LPDP for Indonesians;
- Education future (Indian students)
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship (India)
- Japan Foundation Scholarships