2020 applications status
Create an account to apply
Register a username and password for access to the admissions portal. Be sure to use an email address that is the most appropriate for ongoing communications regarding the status of your application. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to you with further instructions. Once logged in, make sure to select the right application form
Follow application steps
Please ensure you have the required documents for the application process (jpeg, png or pdf formats. All copies must be sworn, simple translations can be accepted, but once in Belgium you will have to provide the original documents):
- A copy of your passport (or ID) and an English or French translation of your birth certificate (at this stage the English document is sufficient, only selected students will have to send us a French version of this document)
- A photo (ID format)
- Your updated resume in English (maximum 1 page)
- A personal motivation letter in English
- A copy of your High School Diploma and a sworn translation into English
- A copy of your higher education studies diploma and transcript of records with a sworn translation into English
- An English Proficiency test/document for non-English speakers (TOEFL min.90, IELTS min. 6.5 or any other document stating your English proficiency B2-C1 min)
- Official documents highlighting your accomplishments over the last five years (studies, internships, employment)
- A recommendation letter in English
- An official document issued within 12 months of the submission deadline (Jan 2019) showing your place of residence (this document must be dated)
Round 1 - Erasmus Mundus full scholarships applications
Partner country students: applications to the Erasmus Mundus scholarships will open from October 2020 until February 14th 2021.
Programme country students: applications to the Erasmus Mundus scholarships will open from October 2020 until March 31st 2021.
All applicants need to fill out an online application form and upload the required mandatory documents listed above). Please note – incomplete application forms are no longer taken into account.
- Step 1: Submit your application before the stated deadline.
- Step 2: The day after the submission deadline, all applicants that successfully submitted their online application form will be contacted to take an online-quiz that assesses their knowledge and skills in the areas of math, chemistry, physics, and geology. The candidates who score less than 30% will automatically be rejected.
- Step 3: All applicants with a quiz result higher than 30% will be reviewed and rated by each partner-professor.
- Step 4: The best rated applicants will be contacted for a skype interview. By April 9th, the consortium will take their final decision and contact all the candidates to let them know about the outcome of their application. All ratings are compared for the purpose of drawing up a list of candidates for scholarship placements. High ranking eligible candidates that have not been selected for a scholarship will be able to apply as a self-funded student.
Round 2 - self-funded and EIT (partial) scholarships applications
Non-EU students: applications will open from Feb. 14th 2020 until April 30th 2021.
EU students: applications will open from March 31st 2021 until June 30th 2021.
All applicants need to fill out an online application form and upload the required mandatory documents listed above). Please note – incomplete application forms are no longer taken into account. The same steps as the first round will be followed.
Monitor your Application Status
Follow the progress of your application, check on and get status updates via your admissions portal dashboard.
Masters in Resources Engineering
The EMerald master programme is delivered by a consortium of 4 European universities working in partnership with industrial experts to educate Europe's raw materials engineers of the future. Be part of our mission and become a sustainability innovator.
Working in a practice-orientated and student-centred learning environment, the EMerald Master Programme Summer Business School covers a wide range of business administration and management topics. Learn more on the exciting opportunity to collaborate in a team working environment to become sustainability entrepreneurs.